After hosting an event, there’s a lot of thanks in order. Running an event involves many people, and any staff members involved should be thanked at your next corporate meet. But perhaps your most formal thank you will be to your guests. Whether a handwritten letter or email message, every thank you should seem customized and heartfelt.
Here’s what we recommend including on a thank you letter for attending event:
Thank You Letter Preparation
Before starting the thank you note process, make sure you have the following:
- Contact information for attendees: name and address.
- Photos from the event: can include in the letter or share a link to an online gallery.
- Measurables from the event: collect data or estimates on insightful or creative numerical figures from your event.
- Budget for thank you notes: printing materials, stamps OR email service subscriptions, online templates, etc.
- A call to action: consider what do you want people to do after reading the thank you letter.
Thank You Letter Presentation
- Address your letter by title and name – double check spelling.
- If printing, an eggshell color paper with a thicker consistency may only cost a few extra cents, but makes a better impression. If you can be more playful with branding, try different shapes (circle postcard), colors or textures. You can also create your own return address label and select a special, limited edition stamp.
- If emailing, choose an online graphics service like Canva (most templates are free with the option to upgrade for $1) or try an email service like Paperless Post.
Thank You Letter Content
- Begin by thanking for their attendance and contributing to the event’s success.
- Include your greatest achievement from the event.
- Reference a measurable from the event, whether serious or playful. (Be creative! Think of fun numbers like products used, business cards exchanged, cups of coffee enjoyed!)
- Add a call to action: Share contact information or information for your next event, if already planned, link to your social media to increase your following, or share a photo gallery.
Thank You Letter Word Bank
Looking for just the right word? See if any of these examples apply:
Your attendants were: ambitious, bold, brilliant, caring, charitable, collaborative, committed, compassionate, dignified, diligent, driven, enthusiastic, generous, honorable, imaginative, impressive, interesting, intriguing, inventive, passionate, sharp, sincere, social, thoughtful, valuable, worldly
Your event was: a milestone, amusing, creative, enjoyable, enlightening, entertaining, gainful, groundbreaking, insightful, invigorating, lavish, lively, lucrative, memorable, profound, purposeful, record-breaking, sophisticated, thought-provoking, triumphant, victorious
You feel: appreciative, assured, cherished, compelled, delighted, determined, energized, excited, gracious, grateful, honored, humbled, inspired, motivated, optimistic, overjoyed, proud, supported, zealous
Remember, this might be your last event-related correspondence. What do you want them to remember? How do you want to appear as a company? And how can you ensure they will work with you again?
What do you like to include on your thank you notes for attending event? Looking to host an event? Tour our spaces or click below to contact us!