The New Year marks a time for both reflection and forward thinking. At work, how will you make the most of 2019 as an individual and a team member? Consider these workplace New Year’s resolutions:
- Thoughtful Feedback: In the New Year, practice giving more specific, gracious feedback. When someone does a good job – let them know exactly what you were impressed with so their hard work feels recognized.
- Personal Growth: Research a conference, class or speaking event you would like to go to, and ask your Manager for approval. They may appreciate your initiative and potentially give you more flexibility or funding to attend the event.
- Dress to Impress: As the saying goes, dress for the job you want, not the job you have! Take a little more time in the morning to compose yourself to look and do your best at work.
- Get to Know your Coworkers: Make more of an effort to connect with colleagues! In the New Year, try to learn more about their families or hobbies so your elevator small talk can be more substantial and meaningful! Perhaps you ask coworkers to grab coffee or a lunch with you more often.
- Revamp Meetings: First, get some feedback from your team members about current meeting practices. Then, use their feedback to make the most of these gatherings. Ideas may include more sending agendas beforehand, keeping meetings under a certain amount of time, or giving more recognition.
- Prioritize People: In 2019, make an effort to organize more team bonding events! Take your team OFFSITE to get the most out of your corporate events with our advanced technology and colorful environment.
- Celebrate Milestones: Your team may already come up with Q1 goals, but what about their corresponding celebrations? As a team, layout ways you want to recognize small and large achievements to keep everyone motivated.
- Practice Corporate Social Responsibility: As a team, identify one way you want to give back to your community! Perhaps once a quarter, your team works together to fundraise or volunteer for local charities.
Wishing you a wonderful New Year!